Crafty Ribbons blog is now on blogger! Read our past posts here or visit our ribbon website here

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Hello wednesday - it's all in the bag

say helo to wednesday 405

I am not sure if my family really like me using ribbon on their prezzies I make for them,
or whether they have just accepted I am ribbon crazy!! 

It was Rachie’s birthday last week and I made her this……. 

hello wednesday bag

…..her birthday is the 1st April.  So she was rather trepidatious when she went to undo the bow!
We have played some really horrid tricks on her over the years. 

But the bag held nothing but a polka dot cotton top – which she loved. 

This bag was an upcycled affair.

I have several of these cream bags, ummm….. they come with wonderful perfume in them.
They are normally trimmed with black grosgrain ribbon, you may know the brand?
I therefore  had to do a bit over covering up of logos etc. 

bag tags

A bit of matting and layering and my trade mark ribbon tag.
All in cream, brown and pinks. 

Finally I wanted to put Happy Birthday on the bag, but had no ribbon in pink or brown.
I thought of a tag, but went off of the idea.

bag ribbon birthday

So I made this little trim using our French Happy Birthday ribbon.

I wrapped the prezzie in tissue paper – wrapped in ribbon (of course!).

I had a wicked time making this.
Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we love comments.
Crafty Ribbons